Ms. determined

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tool 11: Digital Citizenship

I'll surely need to discuss online safety with my kindergartners, since, not all but some have Internet access at home, and their parents may not be aware of all the dangers that are out there if they do not know how to safely navigate the Internet. Students need to know that they should not identify themselves or share any information with anyone. But first of all, they need to ask for their parents permission to get online. Digital Literacy is another topic that I need to cover. Students need to realize that they need to approach the online world with critical analysis. They cannot trust every source they come in contact with. And finally, students need to be aware of digital communication. The internet allows the people in the world to stay connected and to exchange ideas and information.
In order to teach about digital citizenship, as a teacher I need to take my students through the process. Kindergartners need concrete experiences. Therefore, I will have google open and demonstrate how to access an application to practice and learn their alphabet, colors, shapes, and numbers. While I'm taking them through the steps, I will be discussing key points about what digital citizenship is and the implications for our classroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment