Ms. determined

Monday, August 9, 2010

After 11 Tools: Reflections

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox?

Among my favorite tools are wordle, google doc, animoto, delicious, flickr, and photostory.

Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.
I will use photostory to present my lessons for Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, and Stephen F. Austin. For Language Arts, I will create stories with simple lines of text to teach sight words. And my students can publish their books, or they can add text to pictures already stored for them, or they can search for their pictures. In science, I will use it for all the units of study.
I will use photostory to allow my students to publish their books from writer's workshop.

2. How have you transfomed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom?

I see endless opportunities to implement technology throughout every content area. Yet, as a kinder teacher, I feel that I have all of this knowledge, and I want to be innovative just as before, but I lack resources that allow students to take full advantage of the new techonologies. For example, it has been a challenge to present powerpoints, internet searches, etc. in a way that is highly visible to ALL my students, since I do not have a smartboard.

3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

After much pondering about this question, I have to be honest and say that I really did not have any unexpected outcomes. I was aware of much of this technology, but I had not had the opportunity to go more in depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment